Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hobbit Feet

My son wanted to be Frodo for Halloween and needed to wear his costume to school to do a tie-in book report presentation on The Fellowship of the Ring. I wanted to make sure he could walk in his Hobbit Feet and they weren't terrible tripping hazards. Here is what I came up with for Hobbit Feet: The Hobbit Sneaker Smiley What do you think of my crazy creation? I originally posted about it here on Craftster


Here is what I started with. They are are called Funny Slipper Feet and I got them online then cut them up, painted them, attached to Van-style slip on sneakers & wigged them.



You can buy them here:


Here are some Work-In-Progress and action shots...They are looking very creepy about now!

The Zip Ties/Cable Ties are holding things together while the glue dries. I'll post more supply links at the end off this post.



I used craft paint to bring out the details. A little clear acryic gloss on the nails too. I'll post links for the supplies at the bottom of the post.



I had to use some finesse to get the edges of the vinyl foot to meet the canvas sneaker. A few stitches here and there, the Cable Ties and LOTS of glue!


i used a combination of sewing and glueing but it's mainly glue. I did a few stitches here and there for reinforment. i used Fabri-tac glue (I'll post links below). My son wore them all day at school (until kickball lol) they held up great.  I love Fabri-tac and use it alot in my fairy making so i had faith in it's ability to work on this project. He also wore them trick-or-treating all around town and they held up great. These got SO many comments and lots of attention anywhere he went!


I used a good quality doll hair that I happened to have but you could use craft doll hair ot hair from an old wig (try Goodwill), old doll hair, barbie hair, fur from a stuffed animal maybe - be creative!

Supply Links:





1 comment:

  1. These are awesome. I hope that I can recreate them for my son and daughter. They are Frodo and Sam.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete